Home of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity!
SYSTEMATIX is seeking a General Machinist to join our dedicated team. Are you a perfectionist? Do you enjoy creating things from scratch and take pride in seeing them come to life in an automated machine? Do you come to work ready to share your ‘game on’ attitude with others?
As a General Machinist at SYSTEMATIX, you will use your keen attention to detail and eye for perfection to create custom high-quality machined parts. Your ability to take initiative to stay on top of things will allow work to flow smoothly in a busy work environment.
Our accomplished team of over 100 employees share a passion for finding new ways of doing things and thrive on working together to solve problems. For nearly 30 years, our three core values of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity have been the foundation for all the sophisticated automation projects we create. Come join our dynamic team!
As a SYSTEMATIX General Machinist, you will:
- Expertly set up and operate various machine tools – lathes, mills, grinders, drills and saws during the day shift
- Take ownership for production of quality parts and check work-pieces with precision instruments
- Collaborate with shop supervisor to make adjustments and manage work flow
- Maintain a clean work area and follow safe-work procedures
- Own complete set of tools
To excel and enjoy this job, you will need to have:
- A minimum of second year General Machinist Apprentice
- An exceptional ability to complete detailed work with accuracy
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills with a mechanical aptitude
- Excellent mathematical skills and an ability to read blueprints
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong communication skills
A Rewarding Experience at SYSTEMATIX
In recognition of your knowledge, skills and experience, SYSTEMATIX offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent extended health benefits coverage
- Pension plan
- Profit sharing
- Service Awards
- Social Committee events and wellness initiatives
How to Join
If this sounds like your next exciting career move and you would like to join the SYSTEMATIX family, please submit your resume through the Current Openings page.
SYSTEMATIX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting accessible recruitment. If you require accommodation for a disability, we will support you throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
Thank you for applying for this position. You will only be contacted if you are considered for an interview.
Questions about our products or services?
Please contact us directly or fill out our Information Request Form.
Moving, growing, celebrating!Read Full Story +
A winning weekend in Waterloo!Read Full Story +