Senior Mechanical Designer
Home of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity!
SYSTEMATIX is seeking a Senior Mechanical Designer to join our dedicated team. Do you thrive on solving unique, technical challenges in creative ways? Are you able to find the simplicity in complex things? Are you proud to watch your designs come to life on the shop floor?
As a Senior Mechanical Designer at SYSTEMATIX, you will use your superior problem-solving, technical and communication skills to hit the ground running. Your keen attention to detail and ability to share knowledge with your team will set you apart from the pack.
Our accomplished team of over 100 employees share a passion for finding new ways of doing things and thrive on working together to solve problems. For nearly 30 years, our three core values of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity have been the foundation for all the sophisticated automation projects we create. Rise to the challenge and come share your excitement for designing automated machinery at SYSTEMATIX.
As a SYSTEMATIX Senior Mechanical Designer, you will:
- Be the mastermind behind creating and developing original mechanical designs
- Review initial concepts with sales, project manager, supervisor, and customers
- Be a technical resource to guide and monitor junior and intermediate designers
- Handle design reviews and updates with ease and confidence
- Source appropriate mechanical, sensing, pneumatic and hydraulic components, including quotes for specialized purchased equipment
- Compile Sequence of Operations, I/O List, Pneumatic BOM and Valve Bank Layout
- Verify, approve and release BOM for procurement
- Collaborate with detailers to complete and check drawing package
- Team up with programmers to ensure seamless integration of automation
- Field questions from machine shop and assembly during the build phase
To excel and enjoy this job, you will need to have:
- A degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field with a minimum of 6 years’ work experience
- An exceptional ability to present and communicate information, and collaborate with internal team members and customers
- Keen analytical ability and strong mechanical creativity with a consideration of simplicity, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Superior ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exist
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to think and visualize in 3 dimensions
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient skills of CAD and MS Office
A Rewarding Experience at SYSTEMATIX
In recognition of your knowledge, skills and experience, SYSTEMATIX offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent extended health benefits coverage
- Pension plan
- Profit sharing
- Service Awards
- Employee events and wellness initiatives
How to Join
If this sounds like your next exciting career move and you would like to join the SYSTEMATIX family, please submit your resume through our Current Openings page.
SYSTEMATIX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting accessible recruitment. If you require accommodation for a disability, we will support you throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
Thank you for applying for this position. You will only be contacted if you are considered for an interview.
Questions about our products or services?
Please contact us directly or fill out our Information Request Form.