Senior Mechanical Designer
SYSTEMATIX Inc. manufactures high quality, factory automation systems for diverse industries. Our machines are used for assembly, inspection, testing and other processes. Currently, we are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to our multi-disciplined team.
The incumbent will generate concepts and develop original mechanical designs for custom automation systems. The successful candidate must have a keen analytical ability and mechanical creativity with a penchant for simplicity and efficiency.
- Determine, understand and verify the function and mechanics of assigned projects
- Review initial concept with sales, project manager, customer and supervisor as required
- Formulate machine design in CAD using simple, efficient and cost effective processes
- Specify and obtain quotes for specialized purchased equipment
- Select appropriate mechanical, sensing, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Compile Sequence of Operations, I/O List, Pneumatic BOM and Valve Bank Layout
- Work with assigned detailer to complete and check drawing package
- Responsible for checking and releasing BOM to Purchasing
- Work with assigned Programmer to create working program
- Respond to questions from machine shop and assembly during building of machine
- Available as a constant resource to the machine builder throughout the build and debug phase
- Review marked up drawings and work with assigned detailer to update complete drawing package
- Store data (specifications, quotes, estimates, drawings etc.) according to Systematix standards
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field with a minimum of six years work experience is mandatory
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as trigonometry, exponents, logarithms and quadratic equations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
- Ability to proficiently use CAD and current office computer software
- Must be creative, have a mechanical aptitude and think and visualize in 3 dimensions
Benefits of working at SYSTEMATIX
Employees enjoy the spirit and great working atmosphere of a growing and innovative technology company where creativity and initiative are encouraged.
The compensation package includes full benefits, profit sharing and pension plan.
Applicants who enjoy the challenges of working for a leader in the high tech industry are asked to submit their resumes below.