Home of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity!
Systematix is seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our dedicated team. Do you thrive on solving unique challenges in creative ways? Are you able to find the simplicity in complex things? Are you proud to watch your designs come to life?
As a Mechanical Designer at Systematix, you will use your problem-solving, technical and communication skills to create original automated equipment. Your attention to detail and ability to consider all aspects of our customers’ challenges set you apart.
Our accomplished team shares a passion for finding new ways of doing things and thrive on working together to solve problems. For 30 years, our three core values of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity have been the foundation for the automation projects we create.
As a Systematix Mechanical Designer, you will:
- Create and develop original mechanical designs
- Review initial concepts with sales, project manager, supervisor, and customers
- Support and mentor junior designers
- Participate in design reviews and project update meetings
- Source appropriate mechanical, sensing, pneumatic and hydraulic components, including quotes for specialized purchased equipment
- Compile Sequence of Operations, I/O List, Pneumatic BOM and Valve Bank Layout
- Verify, approve and release BOM for procurement
- Collaborate with other designers for peer reviews
- Team up with programmers to ensure seamless integration of automation
- Field questions from manufacturing and assembly during the build phase
To excel and enjoy this job, you will need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in industrial automation or a similar background
- A degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field with experience in the automation field
- Ability to present and communicate information, and collaborate with internal team members and customers
- Keen logical sense and strong mechanical aptitude with a consideration of simplicity, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Superior ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exist
- Ability to think and visualize in 3 dimensions
- Enjoy working independently as well as spending time working as a team
- Proficient skills of CAD and MS Office
A Rewarding Experience at Systematix
In recognition of your knowledge, skills and experience, Systematix offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent extended health benefits coverage
- Pension plan
- Service Awards
- Employee events and wellness initiatives
- Flexible start/end time
How to Join
If this sounds like your next exciting career move and you would like to join the Systematix family, please submit your resume through our Current Openings page.
Systematix is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting accessible recruitment. If you require accommodation for a disability, we will support you throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
Thank you for applying for this position. You will only be contacted if you are considered for an interview.
Questions about our products or services?
Please contact us directly or fill out our Information Request Form.