Mechanical Designer Co-op Student – Winter 2022
Home of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity!
Systematix is seeking a Mechanical Design Co-op Student to join our dedicated team. Do you thrive on solving unique, technical challenges in creative ways? Are you able to find the simplicity in complicated things? Are you proud to watch your designs come to life on the shop floor?
As a Mechanical Designer Co-op Student at Systematix, you will hone your problem-solving, technical and communication skills by working with automation industry leaders. Keen attention to detail and mechanical aptitude will set you apart from the pack.
Our accomplished team of over 100 employees share a passion for finding new ways of doing things and thrive on working together to solve problems. For nearly 30 years, our three core values of Innovation, Reliability and Integrity have been the foundation for all the sophisticated automation projects we create. Rise to the challenge and begin your career at Systematix!
As a student in the Mechanical Design department, you will:
- Experience working in our Machine Shop and Assembly area
- Be a technical resource for Mechanical Designers
- Detail drawings of custom automation and collaborate with Mechanical Detailers to check drawing packages
- Source appropriate mechanical, sensing, pneumatic and hydraulic components, including quotes for specialized purchased equipment
- Assist with compiling a Sequence of Operations, I/O List, Pneumatic BOM and Valve Bank Layout
- Learn to use AutoDesk Inventor
- Team up with programmers to assist with seamless integration of automation
- Field questions from machine shop and assembly during the build phase
To excel and enjoy this job, you will need to have/be:
- Working towards a degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field
- Ability to communicate information, and collaborate with internal team members
- Keen analytical ability and thirst for knowledge
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to think and visualize in 3 dimensions
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient skills in CAD and MS Office
How to Join
If this sounds like your next exciting career move and you would like to join the Systematix family, please submit your resume through our Current Openings page.
Systematix is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting accessible recruitment. If you require accommodation for a disability, we will support you throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
Thank you for applying for this position. You will only be contacted if you are considered for an interview.
Questions about our products or services?
Please contact us directly or fill out our Information Request Form.