SYSTEMATIX Filter Cartridge Assembly
Semi-automated assembly and test system improves quality in processing complex, non-rigid material product for a consumer personal protective equipment product.
The system includes many specialized processes required for filter cartridge manufacturing:
- Cutting and clamping pleated filter material
- Reactive adhesive dispense and cure
- Ultrasonic welding
- Carbon dispense
As a regulated device, the manufacturing process was required to undergo software validation tests prior to receiving regulatory body approval.
SYSTEMATIX engineers designed a semi-automated system that improved quality of complex processes. The efficient design based on a Bosch pallet conveyor and Camco indexing dials requires fewer operators to complete manual functions while achieving the customer specified cycle time. The flexible pallet conveyor diverts pallets with rejected parts to a spur line for manual inspection and rework.
System includes integrated quality management facilitated by pallet RFID part tracking technology. Processes monitored and tested include:
- Part presence in operator load functions
- Ultrasonic weld integrity
- Glue bead application
- Delta pressure test
- Poly-alpha-olefin (PAO) test of filter media
- Weight check
The system was successfully validated and the customer obtained regulatory approval to release the product to the marketplace.
- Sonics Ultrasonic Weld Unit
- Graco 2 part adhesive dispense system
- Nordson PurBlue 4 hot melt system
- IAI cartesian manipulator – X, Y programable
- Load cell and LVDT
- Carbon dispense system
- Pressure test witn vacuum generator and pressure transducer
- Mavix Machine Vision Software
- Motoman MH-5 6-axis robot
- Videojet Laser Marker
Questions about our products or services?
Please contact us directly or fill out our Information Request Form.
AUTOMOTIVEINTEGRATED QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Make better business decisions with timely and accurate dataRead Full Story +
Product DNA Written to 2D Matrix Saves Client in Product Surveillance CostsRead Full Story +